Making Your Pool A Fun Place to Be
Pools are the place to be during the summer time and can be a great way for families to bond and de-stress. Even that teenager that never looks up from the phone will put the phone down when it comes to swimming and fun and a they're a sure way to please everyone.
There are many ways to jump start group participation and to bring family and friends in on the action too. Some are simple ways to go on a low budget. And others can be just for showing off or for your own personal enjoyment.
- Add Music - Music is a great way to add atmosphere and fun. Water dancing is encouraged. Portable speakers or unique outdoor sound systems can make a big splash with the younger and older crowds alike.
- Water Sports - Something as simple as Pool Volleyball or an off the side Basketball Hoop can bring hours of enjoyment. Personally, my family and I are big Pool Volleyball fans.
- Add A ledge for jumping or a Water Slide - Nothing says summer like sailing down a water slide or hurtling through the air and making the perfect dive.
- A Waterfall or a Jacuzzi - One or both of these could be just the ticket you need to make them all flock this summer and hang out at your house for a change. It's nice when the kids like hanging around home better than they do somewhere else.
- Make it a Luau! - The Tiki motifs are in this year and can range from ridiculously cheap to both buy or make, all the way to extravagant expenses and authentic feel. Either way making anything from typical and boring into a tropical island paradise is worth the smiles for the time and effort.
- Add Shade! -Unfortunately, this addition gets missed altogether or underestimated sometimes with new pool owners. Shade is important and lets the fun last longer. It's safer too for people who might overdue sun exposure having too much fun. One amazing way to make your place better than someone else's is to add shade
- Add a swing - I'm not talking about like a child's swing set. I'm talking about a comfortable hammock type of outside cushioned furniture. Swings can create a breeze where there wasn't one before and are a nice way to laze about if you're sun burnt from the day before.
- Add Colored Lights or make your water glow! - These things can be done and are great for night time entertaining and playing. Giving the atmosphere a surreal sci-fi feel. Almost a mystical moonlight type quality.
- Add Good Food and Cold Drinks - Never underestimate the raw power of an exquisite summer delicacy. Ice Cream and cold tea or lemonade will always keep them coming back for more with a smile on their face and a full and grateful cooled off stomach too.
- Make it A Movie Night - Pools can make great projection screens. (just be sure to place the projector somewhere safe.) So, grab a floatie and enjoy swimming and a movie!
If you’re looking to add these elements, please visit our website at remodelmypool.com today. Enjoy your Summer!